Wednesday, 5 June 2019

JLS star Oritsé Williams £3m mansion has been gutted by fire

JLS star Oritsé Williams's £3million mansion has been gutted by fire in a suspected arson just days after he was cleared of raping a fan in a hotel room.

Around 70 firefighters were called to tackle the huge blaze, which broke out yesterday afternoon, but they could do nothing to prevent the three-storey property's roof being destroyed. No one was injured in the inferno.

Police revealed this morning they are now treating the fire as suspicious and an investigation has been launched into the cause.
 Williams bought the six-bedroom home for £3million with his then-girlfriend AJ Azari in 2013. Five years later he put it on the market at a knock-down price of £1.75million after he was charged with rape, but it is yet to sell.

The lavish property, in Croydon, south London, was once owned by legendary late comedian Ronnie Corbett but fell into a state of disrepair after it was sold to 32-year-old Williams. It features a hot tub in the bedroom, outdoor swimming pool and a ping pong table.

Pictures from the scene this morning show the burnt-out hollow of the property, which has been ravaged by the blaze. Images show how the windows and doors have been blown out and the roof has collapsed.

Last week, the singer was found not guilty of rape. He had been accused of launching a sex attack on a 20-year-old tattoo artist fan at a hotel room, after allegedly plying her and two friends with alcohol on December 2, 2016.
Friend and tour manager Jamien Nagadhana, 32, was also charged with sexual touching and assault by penetration of the same woman at the pair's room in Wolverhampton's Ramada Hotel.

A jury of eight women and four men took two hours and 17 minutes to find Williams and Nagadhana not guilty of all charges following a trial at Wolverhampton Crown Court.

The fire at Williams' home broke out at around 4.27pm yesterday. Part of the first and second floor were badly damaged, with the London Fire Brigade reporting that the second floor was 80 per cent damaged by the inferno.

The Met Police said today the fire was being treated as suspicious.

A spokesman for the force added: 'Police were called at 16.39pm on Tuesday, 4 June following reports of a fire at a residential address in Spout Hill, Croydon. Officers attended with LFB. There were no reported injuries.

'There have been no arrests. At this stage, the incident is being treated as suspicious. The cause of the fire is under investigation. Enquiries continue, led by the South Area Command Unit CID.'

No comments:

Post a Comment