Wednesday, 15 May 2019

Former JLS star Oritse Williams arrives at Wolverhampton Crown Court yesterday

A woman who claims she was raped by former JLS star Oritse Williams was quizzed in court today over her 'raunchy' and 'sexualised' behaviour towards the pop star.

The 32-year-old singer from Croydon, south London, is accused of raping the woman after plying her with alcohol and inviting her back to his hotel room in the early hours of December 2, 2016.

He is accused of attacking her after she went back to his hotel room to fetch her phone.
Williams is on trial alongside his tour manager Jamien Nagadhana, 32, of Hounslow, West London.

The woman, who cannot be named for legal reasons, denied going back to the hotel to have consensual sex with the JLS singer.

She told the court she could only remember 'bits and pieces' of the night after drinking shots provided by Williams.

She admitted taking part in a 'three way kiss' with the singer and her female friend while dancing in the VIP area of a nightclub.

But she claims when they returned to the Ramada Hotel, Williams forced himself on her as she told him to stop.

The pop star was captured on CCTV slapping the 20-year-old fan's bottom as they danced together in the club hours before she was allegedly attacked.

Today, the Wolverhampton Crown Court jury also saw CCTV footage from inside the city's Gorgeous nightclub, where Williams had just performed a solo gig.
Giving evidence from behind a screen this afternoon, the alleged victim answered questions from defence barrister Mark Cotter QC.

Mr Cotter said: 'You said things changed suddenly in the VIP room and that all you girls became quite intoxicated quickly, there was raunchy behaviour, sexualised behaviour and it started with your friends.'

The woman said: 'I can't remember if the sexualised behaviour was started by us or Mr Williams. I remember kissing my friend, and her sitting on Mr Williams lap and grinding on him.

'I can remember a three-way kiss between me, my friend and Mr Williams but I can't remember kissing him by myself. I couldn't say why I got into the taxi.

'I remember Mr Williams putting his hand on my leg but I had no problem with that but I can't remember why I got in the taxi.'

Mr Cotter asked the woman if she had made a conscious decision to go to the hotel with Williams.

She replied: 'Yes I did. Outside the nightclub I didn't know what was going to happen, I just went with the flow.

'I vaguely remember going up the stairs in the hotel.'

Mr Cotter asked her: 'When you went into the bedroom the first time did you take any clothing off?'

She said she was unable to remember, but said she 'wasn't thinking straight' when she went back to retrieve her belongings. 

Mr Cotter put to the alleged victim that she returned to the room to have consensual sex with the pop star.

The woman replied: 'That is not correct, we didn't have consensual sex on the bed.

'I was physically telling him no and I wanted to see my friend and that's how it ended. It went on for a number of minutes. My version of events are true.'

No comments:

Post a Comment